A diet rich in vitamins, antioxidants and polyphenols is the best defense against the deadly disease cancer. A group of prominent doctors led by Dr. Cynare Coomer, has compiled a list of ingredients that help preserve our health from this vicious disease, which is becoming increasingly common among the human population.
1. Hot pepper – Red hot pepper is a delicious spice for almost every meal, and the capsaicin molecules inside, which actually give it a spicy taste, help the body get rid of nitrosamines. Nitrosoamines are dangerous carcinogens commonly found in processed meats and other processed foods.
2. Avocado – Avocados are rich in vitamins and minerals, a great source of good fats that help build good cholesterol. The antioxidants in avocados prevent the destructive action of free radicals in the body, and it is also a good source of potassium and beta carotene.
3. Carrot – It is known for its beneficial effect in preserving and maintaining good eyesight, and beta carotene from carrots reduces the risk of lung, stomach, bowel, prostate and breast cancer. Scientific research has shown that taking beta carotene in tablet form does not have nearly the same effect as beta carotene from fruits and vegetables.
4. Flaxseed – Flaxseed is rich in healthy ingredients and is rich in antioxidants and omega 3 fatty acids, that are quite effective in preventing breast and bowel cancer.
5. Garlic – Known as a natural antibiotic, improves the immune system, and destroys carcinogens. The sulfur bonds in garlic prevent the spreading of pre-existing cancer. Numerous scientific studies have shown that people who regularly consume garlic are less likely to develop stomach and bowel cancer.
6. Liquorice – Liquorice has long been used as a remedy for lung diseases, stomach ulcers, liver cleansing, and a recent study has shown that it is especially useful for the prevention of prostate cancer. Everybody can consume it, except those suffering from high blood pressure.
7. Rosemary – Fresh and dried rosemary prevents the development of breast tumors and skin cancer. This spice is traditionally used as a remedy for headaches and digestive problems.
8. Seaweed – Seaweed, or algae, is rich in beta carotene, protein, vitamin B-12, fiber and chlorophyll, and contains important fatty acids that help fight breast cancer.
9. Turmeric – Turmeric is one of the most powerful natural remedies, and the active ingredient in turmeric is called curcumin. Turmeric has anti-inflammatory properties and can prevent harmful enzymes that are key to the development of many types of cancer.