It may sound a little strange, but the avocado is considered a fruit. Characteristic of this fruit is that its composition is different from other fruits. Fruits are mainly composed of high percentage of water, and the most common macronutrients are carbohydrates, while avocado is a fruit that has a significant amount of fat. But it is these healthy fats that have the potential to improve our health. Here are some health benefits of using avocado:
1. The avocado contains many useful nutrients. This fruit is a good source of vitamin K, folic acid, fiber and healthy fats.
2. Avocados contain more potassium than bananas. Potassium is a mineral that we often do not get in sufficient quantities, and it is important for many functions in the body, and for the electrolyte balance in the body.
3. Monounsaturated fatty acids are quite common in avocados. Oleic fatty acid (which is also a major component of olive oil) makes up the largest percentage of avocado fat, and has been linked to alleviating inflammatory processes and reducing the expression of malignant genes.
4. Avocados are rich in fiber, and we know that fiber is very important for controlling body weight and blood sugar levels.
5. If we consume avocados, we can reduce the level of harmful cholesterol and triglycerides in the blood. An even more positive effect is that avocados can raise the level of good cholesterol in the blood.
6. The fats in avocados can help you better absorb nutrients from other plant products, i.e. more easily absorb vitamins A, K, E and D.
7. The avocado is a rich source of antioxidants that protect your eyes from damage. Zeaxanthin and lutein are two antioxidants that are very powerful protectors of the eyesight and can be found in avocados.
8. Avocados can help prevent cancer. One study found that avocados reduce the side effects of chemotherapy in patients undergoing such treatment.
9. Avocado extract can help reduce the symptoms of arthritis.
10. Eating avocado can help you lose weight. One study found that avocados gave a feeling of satiety and reduced the feeling of hunger, thus helping you to consume less food and reduce your body weight to normal levels.